In recent years, with the continuous improvement of modern technology, high-temperature alloy precision casting methods have been universally recognized in related fields. Nickel alloy is playing an increasingly important role in the design and improvement of aerospace engineering because of its excellent adhesion, corrosion resistance, high hardness, wear resistance, and corrosion resistance. It became an excellent material for the manufacture of aerospace parts, equipment, and hardware.
Aircraft engines need to operate at very high temperatures and pressures. They are one of the most technologically and difficult components in the aerospace industry. Therefore, their raw materials must have high strength, high toughness, heat resistance, oxidation resistance, and corrosion resistance. With other characteristics, nickel-based alloys are metal materials that can work at low temperatures to above 900°C for a long time, and the proportion of use in aircraft engines has reached more than 50%. It is mainly used for high-strength, high-temperature applications and other alloy components of aero-engine turbine blades, discs, seals, rings, and shells. These nickel alloys for aerospace applications are selected based on their ability to withstand temperature, corrosion performance, and sustained wear, as well as their magnetic properties.
The main applications include:
● Oxygen booster pump: Nickel-copper alloy K-500 (N05500) has excellent ductility at low temperatures and has flame resistance in pure oxygen. This makes it the preferred choice for oxygen booster pumps that supply oxygen to rocket engines.
● Rocket engines and pressure vessels: With high strength and high toughness, 718 alloys (N07718) can be used in aircraft turbojet engines. It is a precipitation-hardenable nickel-chromium alloy. It can also be used in rocket engines and pressure vessels and can process low-temperature liquefied gas at a minimum temperature of -250°C and achieve boost.
● Aviation turbines. Nickel alloy has excellent strength and creeps resistance. This protects the turbine from deformation caused by the high temperatures generated during the operation of the turbine.
● Turbine guard ring. The turbine inlet nozzle is arranged in the inner cover and the outer cover. Nickel alloys such as Inconel 625 shield ring provide thermal stress protection, increase strength to support the shield and blades, and adapt to movement caused by thermal expansion.
● Engine thrust reverse system. These safety systems can help jet aircraft slow down after landing to protect the brakes and provide jet aircraft with more flexible landing distances. Nickel alloy parts can withstand the stress and force of this operation.
● Jet engine exhaust system. Exhaust systems manage the flow of hot exhaust gases, so they do not interfere with the performance of the jet. Components made of nickel alloy ensure that the system can withstand extreme temperatures caused by gas and thermal radiation.
● Aircraft piping system. The aircraft piping system is a high-pressure system, including anti-icing, engine bleed air, and other functions. Nickel alloy parts can resist extreme heat and cold damage to obtain reliable performance.
Ask a quote for the latest price and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible. Fields marked with * are required.