Nickel alloy forging is a alloy processing method that uses forging machinery to apply pressure to a metal blank, such as hammering or pressurization. It is plastically deformed to obtain a certain mechanical property, shape or size. Forging is one of the two major components of forging (forging and stamping).
According to the forging temperature, it can be divided into hot forging, warm forging and cold forging. According to the forming mechanism, forging can be divided into free forging, die forging, ring rolling and special forging.
1. Free forging
Free forging refers to the processing method of using simple universal tools or directly applying external force to the blank between the upper and lower anvils of the forging equipment to deform the blank to obtain the required geometric shape and internal quality of the forging. Forgings produced by free forging method are called free forgings. Free forging mainly produces forgings with small batches. Forging equipment such as forging hammers and hydraulic presses are used to form blanks to obtain qualified forgings. The basic process of free forging includes upsetting, drawing, punching, cutting, bending, twisting, shifting and forging. Free forging adopts hot forging method.
2. Die forging
Die forging is divided into open die forging and closed die forging. Metal blanks are deformed under pressure in a forging die chamber with a certain shape to obtain forgings. Die forging is generally used to produce parts with small weight and large batches.
According to the temperature, die forging can be divided into hot forging, warm forging and cold forging. Warm forging and cold forging are the future development direction of die forging, and also represent the level of forging technology.
According to the material, die forging can also be divided into ferrous metal die forging, non-ferrous metal die forging and powder product forming. As the name suggests, the materials are ferrous metals such as carbon steel, non-ferrous metals such as copper and aluminum, and powder metallurgy materials.
Extrusion should be attributed to die forging, which can be divided into heavy metal extrusion and light metal extrusion.
Closed die forging and closed upsetting are two advanced technologies of die forging. Since there is no flash, the utilization rate of materials is high. It is possible to complete the finishing of complex forgings with one process or several processes. Since there is no flash, the force-bearing area of the forging is reduced, and the required load is also reduced. Shanxi CITIC Heavy Industry, however, should pay attention not to completely restrict the billet. For this reason, it is necessary to strictly control the volume of the billet, control the relative position of the forging die and measure the forging, and strive to reduce the wear of the forging die.
3. Ring rolling
Ring rolling refers to the production of ring parts with different diameters through special equipment ring rolling machines, and is also used to produce wheel-shaped parts such as automobile hubs and train wheels.
4. Special forging
Special forging includes roll forging, cross wedge rolling, radial forging, liquid die forging and other forging methods. These methods are more suitable for the production of parts with special shapes. For example, roll forging can be used as an effective preforming process to greatly reduce the subsequent forming pressure; cross wedge rolling can produce steel balls, transmission shafts and other parts; radial forging can produce large forgings such as barrels and stepped shafts
The plasticity of metal is used to apply external force to metal blanks to cause plastic deformation, change size, shape and improve performance. It is indeed a forming processing method for manufacturing mechanical parts, workpieces, tools or blanks. Let me introduce to you the function of forging
1. Grain refinement: Metal is composed of grains, and the grains are connected by grain boundaries. The more grain boundaries, the stronger the metal bond. After the metal is forged, the coarse cast grains become smaller forged grains, which increases the number of grain boundaries, increases the strength and hardness of the metal, and improves the mechanical properties of the metal.
2. Change the shape of inclusions: The inclusions inside the metal are regarded as the source of cracks, which affect the mechanical properties and service life of the metal. Through forging, the granular inclusions can be changed into strips or lines, reducing internal stress and reducing its influence on the mechanical properties of the metal.
3. Forging internal defects: Forging can loosen and compact the inside of the metal, forge the pores, and improve the strength and hardness of the metal
and toughness, prolonging the service life of the metal.
4. Elimination of segregation: The segregation of the steel ingot makes the performance of each part different, which seriously affects the performance of the metal. By forging, the segregation can be partially or completely eliminated, reducing the segregation area and reducing the impact of segregation on the mechanical properties of the metal.
5. Change the direction of metal fibers: forging can make the fiber direction of the metal distribute along the shape of the forging, and improve the strength, hardness and toughness of the metal.
Wudenalloy has focused on the production and manufacture of nickel alloys for more than ten years. We are a principal worldwide supplier of corrosion-resistant alloys and other superalloy metals. We have a professional technical team and after-sales service, so we can offer high -quality Hastelloy, Incoloy, Inconel, Monel, Duplex Stainless Steel, and other alloy material. These materials are available in wire, bar, sheet&plate, pipe&tube, flange, forging, and other forms to meet the needs of our customers.
Request a quote now to get the competitive special alloy prices, you can also send emails to email@example.com, Wudenalloy is your trusted supplier of special alloy material.
Ask a quote for the latest price and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible. Fields marked with * are required.